Q: Will there be a fireworks show at Fort Vancouver in 2017?
A: Yes! We invite you to the Fort Vancouver Historic Site on the Fourth of July to view one of the best fireworks displays around.The fireworks will once again be launched from Pearson Field. The spectacular fireworks display will be directly overhead and will include a wide range of pyrotechnics and be synchronized to music.
Q: Is this a free community event?
A: Yes! This year we are "Celebrating Freedom for Free!"
But for the best seats you can purchase Prime Viewing Tickets! Find out more information HERE.
Q: What should I bring with me?
- We recommend bringing blankets, camping chairs, or lawn chairs to comfortably enjoy the fireworks show.
- Remember your sunscreen!
- Feel free to pack a picnic cooler - outside food is welcome onsite, but there are numerous food vendor booths too!
Q: What should I leave at home?
- Do not bring weapons of any kinds (we suggest you pre-cut your fruit - "watermelon" knives will still be confiscated at the gate)
- Do not bring alcohol
- Do not bring personal fireworks. Leave the firework show to the professionals!
- Do not bring barbecues of any kind
- Leave your pets at home! A firework show is no place for animals. Also, do not leave your pets unattended in a hot vehicle!
Q: Where will be the best spot to see the fireworks?
A: Though the entire Fort Vancouver National Site provides excellent viewing of the fireworks show, the absolute best seats are located in the Prime Viewing area with unobstructed views of the launch site. Visit 4th.fortvan.org/prime-viewing for more information on the Prime Viewing Area!
Q: Will fireworks be visible from Clark College, the Columbia River, or Portland?
A: The fireworks will be set off at Pearson Field at Fort Vancouver National Site (and not from a barge in the Columbia River), so it is unlikely that the fireworks will be visible for people who are not at Fort Vancouver. Join us and enjoy the show!
Q: When do the fireworks begin?
A: The fireworks begin at 10:05 p.m and last about 20 minutes
Q: Do you need volunteers for this event?
Q: If I attend Independence Day at Fort Vancouver, what are the rules?
- Weapons (knives, guns, nunchucks, etc.)
- Alcohol (this is an alcohol-free event!)
- Glass bottles or containers
- Personal fireworks
- Barbecues (gas or charcoal)
All canopies must be taken down by sundown to not block others' view of the fireworks.
No camping is permitted onsite
Q: Are you requesting donations to support this event?
Q: Is there a Beer Garden as this event?
Q: What if I am a food vendor, have arts and crafts to sell, or just want want a booth at the event?
A: Please visit the "VENDORS" tab at the top of this site. If you cannot find what you need on this website, call the Fort Vancouver National Trust at 360-992-1804.